Last October, we took the family and in-laws on their first all-inclusive trip to Puerto Vallarta and it was BIG hit! I like Puerto Vallarta (PVR) because you get mountains and beaches. What better way to commune with nature than in both settings. We stayed at the Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta.
What we loved:
- The pool - My kids are wannabe fish so we hung out mostly at the pool.
- Wave jumping - Puerto Vallarta has great waves for jumping/boogie boarding, must be that West Coast surfing thing.
- The Mexican restaurant - The food was excellence and the staff went above and beyond that night we ate here. Both kids were cold and tired from a long day of swimming. The servers brought out extra blankets and even pulled up an extra chair so that I could lay my son down after he fell asleep. They even wrapped up an extra dessert to go since my husband took the kids back to the room early.
- Fire dancing show - This was fantastic! Best entertainment during the time we were there. I loved how they used scuba tanks in the pool to spray water for extra special effects.
- Pina coladas - My kids had never tired a virgin pina colada before the trip and typically don’t like coconut flavor in anything. However, they wouldn’t stop drinking pina coladas at the resort.
What we didn’t love:
- The buffet was only so-so. Edible but nothing special.
- No division between the bathroom and bedroom area. Sometimes a parent just needs a little privacy.
- Towel cards - You had cards that you traded out for clean towels and supposedly you were charged at the end of your stay if you didn’t turn the cards back in.
Overall, we had a wonderful four day weekend. Kids and the in-laws keeping asking when we can go back.
Check out our trip at Snooksie Puerto Vallarta.