Travel Tip 1: Visit the flea markets nearby and negotiate with US Dollars in cash for the very best Deals!
Travel Tip 2: The Dominican Republic has many talented Artists that paint, and/or make many different kinds of Sculptures in Wood and/or Marble which make great gifts! The paintings can be rolled up and put in a card board circular container for taking home undamaged.
Travel Tip 3: Great to get the Sun Club room at Sunscape resorts for the Hydro-massage bath tub was great after running around all day!
Travel Tip 4: At least do 1 excursion to see the beautiful beaches and undersea life, I did the Reef Explorer. While powered by Sea Doo Sea Scooters I saw rays, nurse sharks and Nemo’s relatives who when photographed looked like they were saying, “Where’s Nemo?” The Sea Doo Sea Scooters are not even listed in the excursion nor is their mini-zoo with iguanas, crocodiles and a turtle.
Recently, I visited Sunscape Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana.
The restaurants offer food for Omnivores’ and Vegetarians but can also accommodate vegans.
My Favorite restaurants were:
- Un-Wined for Gourmet adults only private dining! Where I ate: as an Appetizer Apple carpaccio with shrimp and lemon oil, and Artichoke cream with bacon dust soup, as a main course Duck Magret with caramelized onions and for dessert Cheese Cake. All of it tasted great.
- Da Mario for Great Authentic Italian food for all of the food is great per me and my friends with too many great choices to mention for omnivores and vegetarians!!
- Bon Appetit for Adults only French Fare where I ate: as an Appetizer Tuna Tartare with mango and coriander, and Broccoli Cream soup, as a main course I had the Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce that was perfectly marinated and for dessert Strawberry Cake with Amazing Chocolate lettering. Omnivores will enjoy all of the food here.
- Windows for great buffet at breakfast and lunch where all the food was consistently good.
- Sun Club for great seafood snacks for adults and snacks for children, too!!
My favorite fun things to do at Sunscape Punta Cana were: 1) the nighttime Beach DJ Party, 2) the live bands nightly in the Lobby area and occasionally in a Restaurant, 3) the Starlight Disco, and 4) the nightly shows at the Show Bar
area which including Acrobats one night and a Las Vegas Dance show another night, and 5) nightly movies near pool closest to the beach and 6) my crab friend that on Wednesday and Thursday nights allowed me to photograph it and it was so cute I cannot eat crabs anymore!. And 7) I even tried the room service for breakfast and the food arrived in 20 minutes nice and hot!!
Want a Wedding that Rocks!
Visiting the Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana, I saw a Bride and Groom that allowed me to take pictures which I took 2 great pictures showing the brides amazing wedding dress.
Any resort may have a Spa for the Bride, but imagine a wedding where the couple can use a Music Lab to make a music video!! Very original!! Plus, the resort has a Casino! Also, I took pictures of the many great paintings of many famous singers in that are in the lobby, Sammy Hagar’s Car near the Casino and more! The most fun place to have a wedding with a great powdery soft beach, too!
Want gourmet food for lunch that other resorts only offer for dinner look here!
The Majestic Elegance lived up to its name!! For lunch, I ate Frenched Lamb Chops and marinated Beef Shish Kabobs that were amazingly tender and full of great flavor!!! Plus, fruit and ice cream to make the best milkshakes with or without caffeine!! I had Coffee Ice Cream with Passion Fruit and Mango with Whipped cream and Chocolate dustings which were awesome!! Best Milk Shakes ever!! I had 4! Our waiter anticipated our needs for water and other drinks! Best waiter in Punta Cana!
Want the best Ice Cream in Punta Cana!! At Dreams Punta Cana, they had authentic Italian Ice Cream with the real Italian freezers!! I ate the Coconut Gelato which was a coconut dream come true!! Also, the food was great and had authentic Dominican Soup which was so delicious I had once as soup and once as gravy to put over carved roast beef for lunch! Great food! Also, they had Mango on a Stick near the pool which you have got to try!! Mango is the candy of all fruits!!