My First experience in Punta Cana

reefexplorer
mamajauna
excursions

This was my first trip outside of the USA and it was a lot of fun. I was able to visit a few different resorts and they were all beautiful and Modern in decoration. The beaches and water were gorgeous. I loved sitting on the sand and letting the waves wash over me, sometime pushing me back a few feet. I did the Reef Explorer Excursion. Before entering the welcome desk there are a few small exhibits that display some local wild life, such as Iguanas, Snakes, and even a crocodile or two. It was a nice relaxing afternoon on the floating island where I got to swim with Nurse Sharks, Stingrays, and various other types of fish. I did miss out on the opportunity to ride a nurse shark, but I did get to hold a Stingray which was cool. With a Tour Guides Assistance I got to Kayak close to where the water breaks over the Coral Reefs. It was great feeling the kayak rock back and forth over the waves, on the way back the tour guide even complimented me on my kayaking skills. Once we got back to the floating island the Tour Guides started a snorkeling tour around the Floating Island and enclosures, where we got to see more of the coral reefs in the surrounding area. There was also a massage for either your feet or back that was offered as part of the excursion. Then right before it was time to say good bye we got to try the national drink Mamajuana. It is a unique drink to say the least. It is made using a herb/roots of some sort (think it was cinnamon), fermented in a mixture of Rum, Red Wine, and Honey. The Herbs/Roots can last quite a few years and is purchasable at the Duty store in the PUJ airport once you get past security to take home for your friends and family to try. Despite the forecast of rain showers every day we were there, it was clear skies all week. As the Locals say the cows don’t lie. If the cows are lying down it will rain. If they are standing up there will be no rain. Who knew? All in All this vacation was a lot of fun and I had a great time and am glad I got to experience this wonderful, beautiful country and hope to do so again in the future.

Nice. Where did you see the crocs?

The Crocs were in a small exhibit at the Marinarium where the Reef Explorer excursion is…