Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa - Riviera Maya

cancun
family

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort and Spa is an All-Inclusive family resort over an hour outside the airport. If you don’t mind the drive after flying in, the seclusion is nice and the resort is well suited for families of all ages.

The staff is very attentive and will greet the adults in the lobby with some sparkling champagne, which definitely sets the tone for what to expect if you’re new to all-inclusives like me. The lobby separates the 2 sections of the resort, Family and Adult Only, but everything is within a short walking distance. The main attraction seems to be swimming with the dolphins located in the marina in the Adult Only section, past the pool with a swim up bar and overlooked by Oceana, a seafood restaurant. That being said, there are a variety of other water excursions/adventures you can choose from like Scuba Diving, Windsurfing, or taking out some Jet Ski Rentals which take place on the Family side of the resort, the side with the beach front.

With 6 different locations to eat (not counting room service), there’s an abundance of options to try to get your all-inclusive money’s worth. With my personal experience, I can’t guarantee fine dining standards, but the wait staff was very nice and the food was prepared very quickly. The atmosphere on the beach was kid friendly fun, with loud popular music, a mini-golf course, volleyball, and of course pools. There were plenty of lounge chairs in the midst of the action, but also some surprisingly quiet spots near the waves to relax and read, or just soak up the sun while waiters continuously swing by to make sure your glass is full.

The Explorers Club seemed like a neat opportunity for parents with younger kids to find a little alone time, but other than an exclusive pool with a swim up bar, there’s not too much for adults to get excited about. The entertainment is definitely kid centric, and the resort could definitely improve on the Adult Only entertainment front. Despite some minor problems with my stay like a broken mini-bar and bad TV connection (both of which the staff fixed in a timely manner), there was nothing wrong with the room and ultimately I would recommend the resort to families looking for an all-inclusive offer.