Best VALUE Resorts in the Caribbean

There are so many resorts to choose from in the Caribbean, it can be confusing! So I compiled my own list of the best resorts for the money - underrated resorts that will give you the best bang for your buck. These are all great resorts that won’t break the bank!

GR Solaris Cancun
GR Caribe by Solaris
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Iberostar Cancun

Riviera Maya:
Hotel Marina El Cid
Catalonia Privileged Maroma
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort
Iberostar Tucan
Ocean Maya Royale
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection

Punta Cana:
Sunscape Bavaro Beach/Dominican Beach
Iberostar Dominicana/Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection
Ocean Blue & Sand
Punta Cana Princess/Bavaro Princess
Now Garden

Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Sunscape Splash
Riu Negril
Riu Ocho Rios
Jewel Dunns River
Riu Palace Tropical Bay
Sunset at the Palms

What do you think? Are there others that you would include?

I would also include Sunscape Puerto Plata in the DR. When I visited, the service was as good as you would likely see at a Zoetry or Secrets. They were simply terrific. Puerto Plata has some of the best beaches in the DR. If you’re on a tight budget, you can fly into the Santiago airport (STI airport code) where flight prices are typically much cheaper than going directly into Puerto Plata (POP airport code). This involves about a 75 minute transfer for the total cost can be much less.

BTW, rates at the Sunscapes Bavaro and Domincan Beach are ridiculously low right now. So although flight prices into DR have recently been a bit higher, if you are staying for more than a few nights it can be an incredible deal.

Just to update the trends here, airfares to the D.R. and Jamaica have reverted back down to last year’s levels. In addition, with all of the news of hurricanes resorts are rolling out some very aggressive rates. Be sure to check the condition of resorts, but outside of St Martin / Sint Maarten, USVI, Puerto Rico, and some BVI other destinations appear to be in fine shape. We are definitely seeing some rates lower than we have ever seen before.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn, which is minutes from the airport. I wasn’t disappointed at all. It was laid out nicely, family friendly and cheap.